Why I entered The Roman Catholic Church
At the Year of Faith lecture held on February 7th, 2013, Dr. Taylor Marshall explained how only the Catholic Church is Roman and how this truth led him to become a Roman Catholic. Dr. Marshall was formerly an Episcopal priest in Fort Worth, Texas. However, his studies of Scripture and the Church Fathers led him to realize that he must become fully Catholic by embracing the claims of the Roman Popes as successors of Saint Peter.
Dr. Marshall referenced his book, The Eternal City: Rome and the Origins of Catholic Christianity, to provide insight into some of the issues that led to his conversion.
- If Christ was crucified and rose again in Jerusalem, why is the Kingdom of God manifested as the Roman Catholic Church?
- How does the Bible foretell the Roman Catholic Church?
- Was Christ truly born on December 25th?
- What is the significance of Christ being crucified on a Roman cross?
- Was Saint Peter the first Pope of Rome?
- Has Saint Peter’s body been found underneath the Vatican?
- How does the Book of Revelation relate to Rome and the Antichrist?
- What are the biblical and theological reasons for the Church being in Rome?
Dr. Taylor Marshall explained why the Jewish prophets and apostles expected Christ to both vanquish Rome and recast Rome as the Eternal City – the earthly seat for the Vicar of Christ.